Black Powder Shoot
The SPFGA Black Powder Shoot, held under the auspices of the SPFGA & run by volunteers from the Edmonton House Brigade, will occur on Saturday & Sunday, September 7 & 8, 2019
Registration will be at the club house. For morning events, registration will be from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m., with the event occurring 9 a.m. – noon. Prizes will be given out at 1 p.m. For afternoon events, registration will be from 1 – 2 p.m., shooting from 1 – 4 p.m. Prizes will be given out at 5 p.m.
- Non-SPFGA members are welcome.
- $5 entry fee per person, per event. No blanket prize needed. As in the past, prizes
will be cash.
- All rifles must be muzzle-loaders, with iron sights, shooting patched round balls. This includes inline rifles.
- Trade guns are flint lock smoothbore, with no back sights.
- Trade gun event will include five clay pigeon, so bring bird shot & wading. (Providing enough shooters)
- Pistols can be cap & ball revolvers or muzzle loaders. Revolvers to be loaded using one chamber.
- The uses of sabots or maxi type bullets are NOT permitted. They destroy our gongs.
- Use only patched round balls. Please, no greased lube patches as they can start grass fires
- Inline rifles with scopes can be used, but cannot win 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes. They are eligible for all other prizes
- Some shooters will be asked to help manage an event
- All shooters (including Juniors) must have their own liability insurance.
- All competitors must be a member of one of the following associations or an affiliated club. These associations have liability insurance for their members:
- Alberta Fish & Game Association
- Alberta Black Powder Association
- BC Wildlife Federation
- Canadian Shooting Sports Association
- National Firearms Association
- Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation
- Membership cards must be presented and will be checked.
- As required by section 14(1) of the Shooting Clubs and Shooting Ranges Regulations (SOR/98-212) , the PAL number of each shooter must be collected. This will be recorded on the SPFGA requested waiver.
Fire Prevention / Patch Lube Test
In the interest of fire safety, any patch lube which has the ability to smoulder and start a fire will not be accepted. Please ensure that you don’t start a million dollar fire.
- Tin Teepee camping by the club house and in the camp ground. Please refrain from using power from the clubhouse, unless needed for medical reasons (e.g.: CPAP machines)
- A large primitive camp area will be located behind the club house
- Camp set up as early as Friday morning. All campers can stay until Monday morning
- Saturday evening potluck supper
- $10 camping for non SPF&G members.
Contact / More Info
Paul Christiansen, Black Powder Chair