Entire Property Closed October 16
Installation of the electrical lines to the front gate for the new security system is scheduled to take place on October 16.
Trenching of these lines necessitates closing the road past the gate to vehicle or foot traffic, so we will be closing the entire property for the entirety of the day on Wednesday, October 16.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this causes.
Membership renewals for 2020: available toward the end of October 2019
Applications for new 2020 memberships: will be available in November, 2019
In order to avoid surprises, it’s always a good idea to check the calendar for bookings or events of the area you’re planning to use prior to coming out to the facility.
Effective August 1, 2019:
- The Range Membership Cap has been lifted: see the Membership Page for details & range membership application form.
- A policy for Supervised Guest Use of our ranges has been approved: Supervised Guest Range Use Policy
- Guests must have a guest pass to use the ranges.
- Until the website has been set up to purchase guest passes, the member must call (780)412-1311 Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. to purchase passes.
- Cost for adults is $20/day (no charge under 18).
- Proof of payment will be emailed to you. Printed or electronic copies must be presented on request at the range.
- As the sponsoring member is directly supervising the guest while they are handling uncased firearms, it is understood that guest and member will operate from a single bench.
- The website should hopefully be read for online guest pass purchases sometime in the next month or two.
The above is a partial summary. The sponsoring member and guest are responsible for being aware of the details of the Supervised Guest Range Use Policy in full.
Outlaw Rimfire Precision Series (ORPS) is a national marksmanship competition involving shooting .22 LR rifles shooting at targets between 25 to 100 yards from a variety of shooting positions. Matches are being held at the Overflow range through the spring, summer and fall:
- July 27
- August 24
- September 28
October 19October 26
- November TBA
- December 14 (weather dependent)
For details, please visit the Current Events page.
With the October 21 federal election approaching, the recently announced Liberal Party of Canada’s firearms platform is of great concern to the firearms and conservation community. This election will be of great importance to us all.
Until October 21, we will be engaging in efforts through our communications channels to inform SPFGA members about the current debate surrounding gun-control policies. While we intend for this to be non-partisan in nature, it is imperative that we take a leadership role in assisting members to make up their own minds on how anti-firearms policies should inform their voting decisions.